The Cancer Center at Illinois
The Cancer Center at Illinois unites world-class faculty who uncover fundamental knowledge, innovate new technologies, and enable cancer-free lives. Our interdisciplinary expertise in science and engineering, exceptional facilities, and novel educational experiences are changing the way we take on cancer.
What we do
- Inspire groundbreaking cancer research and technological advances using unique campus strengths in science and engineering.
- Mobilize faculty, staff, and students across campus to focus attention on cancer.
- Catalyze large multidisciplinary projects — including program project grants, training programs, and centers.
- Innovate new educational programs for students, professionals, and the general public.
- Forge multidisciplinary ties on campus to enhance research and education.
- Partner with clinical centers and companies to drive translation and achieve economic impact while building alliances with external partners.
The mission of the Cancer Center at Illinois is to initiate and harness the combined power of engineering and basic sciences to transform cancer research, detection, and treatment.
Our vision is to be a national hub for cancer science, engineering, and technology with transdisciplinary collaboration and coordination for research and education.